NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.
By entering the Xbox NFL Player Charity Challenge Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) you (or, if a minor in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft” or “Sponsor”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), the NFL Entities, and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Sweepstakes (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins on October 13, 2016, and ends on December 6, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of seven (7) separate weekly entry periods (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”) as follows. Entry times for each Weekly Entry Period are available at www.xboxcharitychallenge.com (“Website”) and will be posted on or around 12:01am Pacific Time on the start date of the applicable Weekly Entry Period. Each Weekly Entry Period, will close one (1) hour prior to the start of the applicable Match (as defined below in section 3). Start and end times are subject to change.
a) Weekly Entry Period #1 begins on October 13, 2016 and ends on October 18, 2016.
b) Weekly Entry Period #2 begins on October 19, 2016 and ends on October 25, 2016.
c) Weekly Entry Period #3 begins on October 26, 2016 and ends on November 1, 2016.
d) Weekly Entry Period #4 begins on November 2, 2016 and ends on November 8, 2016.
e) Weekly Entry Period #5 begins on November 9, 2016 and ends on November 15, 2016.
f) Weekly Entry Period #6 begins on November 16, 2016 and ends on November 29, 2016.
g) Weekly Entry Period #7 begins on November 30, 2016 and ends on December 6, 2016.
3) HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must first (1) visit the Website and (2) create a new account or use your existing account on the Website. If you are creating a new account, you must complete the Official Online Entry Form with your first and last names, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, e-mail address, and password; verify eligibility; and accept the Official Rules and Microsoft’s Privacy Statement. Once you have logged into your account, you have the following two (2) opportunities to earn entries into the Grand Prize drawing (as defined below in section 4) and/or for a chance to win a Weekly Prize (as defined below in section 4) through the (1) Bracket Entry Method and/or (2) Weekly Pick ’Em Entry Method:
a) Bracket Entry Method: The Bracket Entry Method is only available during Weekly Entry Period #1. To participate using the Bracket Entry Method, you must complete the available bracket on the Website by choosing which NFL players you think will win each of the seven (7) matches (a “Bracket”) and click “Submit” during Weekly Entry Period #1. There will be one (1) “Madden NFL 17” match per week (each a “Match”) with eight (8) NFL players competing for a total of seven (7) Matches in a single-elimination, bracket format. You can adjust your Bracket as many times as you would like until Weekly Entry Period #1 ends, at which time you can no longer make any adjustments to your Bracket.
i) Bracket Entry Limits: Limit one (1) Bracket per person/authorized e-mail account holder. You will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing for submitting your Bracket. In addition, you will receive two (2) additional entries for every correct Match winner in your Bracket for a maximum total of fourteen (14) additional entries into the Grand Prize drawing.
b) Weekly Pick ’Em Entry Method: To participate using the Weekly Pick ’Em Entry Method, you must visit the Website during a Weekly Entry Period and (a) choose which NFL player you think will win that Weekly Entry Period’s Match, (b) provide your guess of what the aggregated score of the Match will be (a “Weekly Pick ‘Em Pick”), and (c) click “Submit” during the Weekly Entry Period. You can adjust your Weekly Pick ‘Em Pick as many times as you would like until the Weekly Entry Period ends, at which time you can no longer make any adjustments to your Weekly Pick ‘Em Pick.
i) Weekly Pick ’Em Entry Limits: Limit one (1) Weekly Pick ’Em entry per person/authorized e-mail account holder per Weekly Entry Period. Your Weekly Pick ’Em entry will be used to determine the Weekly Prize winners (as defined below in section 4). In addition, you will receive one (1) entry for every correct Match winner you choose through the Weekly Pick ’Em Entry Method for a maximum total of seven (7) additional entries into the Grand Prize drawing.
c) Additional Entry Terms: The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: The winners will be selected as follows:
a) Weekly Entry Period Winner Selection/Prizes: At the end of each Weekly Entry Period, up to twenty-four (24) entrants who either correctly pick the winner and the aggregated score, or correctly pick the winner and submit a guess closest to the aggregated score, of that Weekly Entry Period’s Match, will be deemed a Weekly Prize winner and will receive a Weekly Prize: two (2) Weekly Grand Prizes will be awarded to the exact or closest scores; two (2) Weekly First Prizes will be awarded to the exact or the next closest scores; and twenty (20) Weekly Second Prizes will be awarded to the exact or next closest scores per Weekly Entry Period. In the event of a tie, the tied entrants will be combined, tumbled and a Weekly Grand Prize winner, a Weekly First Prize winner, or a Weekly Second Prize winner will be randomly selected, as needed. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Weekly Entry Period(s). Limit one (1) Weekly Prize per person.
i) Fourteen (14) Weekly Grand Prizes (two (2) Weekly Grand Prizes available per Weekly Entry Period): One (1) autographed NFL memorabilia item (make, model, size, style, player autograph, and all other aspects of memorabilia item are determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Weekly Grand Prize: $100 - $300.
ii) Fourteen (14) Weekly First Prizes (two (2) Weekly First Prizes available per Weekly Entry Period): One (1) digital gift code for the Xbox Design Lab to personalize and receive your own Xbox Wireless Controller. The ARV of each Weekly First Prize: $79.99.
iii) One hundred forty (140) Weekly Second Prizes (twenty (20) Weekly Second Prizes available per Weekly Entry Period): One (1) $20 NFLShop.com Gift Card (NFLShop.com Gift Cards may only be redeemed at NFLShop.com for in-stock merchandise only. Not valid for any other gift codes/cards/certificates, taxed, shipping and handling charges or other services. Except where required by law, cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent, returned, reproduced, modified, sold, traded, refunded or replaced if lost or stolen. Not valid on previous purchases or returns. No cash back. If the value of your purchase exceeds the available gift code balance, you must pay the excess at the time of purchase. Any unused amount will be kept in your account balance to be applied to a future purchase. Certain brands or merchandise may be excluded. All gift code purchases are subject to the NFLShop.com Terms and Conditions, which may change at any time. In addition, NFLShop.com reserves the right to change the terms and conditions applicable to this gift code at any time. Gift code questions should be directed to https://nfl.custhelp.com/app or 1-877-635-7467. Void where prohibited.). The ARV of each Weekly Second Prize: $20.
b) Grand Prize Winner Selection/Prize: On or around December 7, 2016, GMR will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
i) One (1) Grand Prize: A trip for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest to Houston, Texas to attend Super Bowl LI on February 5, 2017. Grand Prize includes: Round-trip, coach-class airfare for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest to Houston, Texas from an airport determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor; three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations (hotel to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, in one (1) double-occupancy room, excluding room service, meals, and other incidentals); ground transportation for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest; two (2) tickets for the Grand Prize winner and guest to attend Super Bowl LI (seats to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); and $500 spending cash to the Grand Prize winner only, awarded in the form of a corporate check, intended to be used for meals. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a single cash payment in the form of a corporate check to the winner only. The single cash payment will be based on a 34% tax rate of the final Grand Prize value, which may vary based on factors described below. The single cash payment is intended to assist with any federal or state tax obligations related to the Grand Prize, but in no event will the single cash payment exceed $3,142.42. Any additional tax obligation that the Grand Prize winner may be liable for is the sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local income taxes and other taxes associated with the prize. The Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. The ARV of the Grand Prize: $9,242.42.
(1) Grand Prize Additional Terms: Travel air carriers, hotel accommodations, activities, and all elements of the Grand Prize will be determined solely by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Grand Prize trips may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and guest must possess any necessary valid travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of trip are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations and any charges incurred while booking travel are winner’s sole responsibility. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, federal, state, and local taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, meals, and transportation to and from winner’s/guests’ home residences are the winner’s/guests’ sole responsibilities.
Winner and guest, if any, must comply with all venue rules and regulations; failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to conduct a publicity and background check of any and all records (including, without limitation civil and criminal court records and police reports) of the Grand Prize winner and the winner’s guests, if any, and, based on such results, may disqualify the winner and/or guest, in its sole discretion. Winner and guest, if any, agree to authorize and cooperate with such publicity and background check.
Non-cash portion of the Grand Prize is subject to availability. These are estimated values only. The actual value of the Grand Prize are expected to vary, based on the point of origination, airfare fluctuations, and hotel pricing. If the actual value of the travel portion of prize is less than stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash, and no such claim will be honored. If the Grand Prize winner resides within 300 miles of the travel destination, alternate arrangements to travel by ground transport or auto may be made by the Sponsor and the Grand Prize winner and the value of prize adjusted accordingly.
The Grand Prize trip must be completed on the dates specified by the Sponsor/GMR, or the Grand Prize winners shall forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety.
c) Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $14,562.28 - $17,362.28.
Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Certain conditions and restrictions apply.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
5) WINNERS: The winners will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Weekly Grand, First, and Second Prize Winners: The Weekly Grand, First, and Second Prizes will be shipped/e-mailed within eight (8) weeks following each drawing to the address/e-mail address associated with each Weekly Grand, First, and Second Prize winner’s Official Online Entry Form. Return of any prize as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a Weekly Grand, First, and Second Prize winner, as needed, time and circumstances permitting.
b) Grand Prize Winner: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone to the phone number indicated on the potential Grand Prize winner’s Official Online Entry Form on or around December 7, 2016. The potential Grand Prize winner must respond via phone within forty eight (48) hours from the time of notification or the potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified. Each potential Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return the presented affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, and publicity release (where permitted by law), and the appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. If a notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as the Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
i) Grand Prize Winner’s Guest: The potential Grand Prize winner must designate one (1) guest within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents. In addition, at the same time as the Grand Prize winner completes his/her Documents, the guest must sign and return a publicity release (where permitted by law) and a mutually acceptable liability release. If the potential Grand Prize winner designates a guest that is a minor in his/her state of resident, the guest must be the child/ward of the person awarded the prize. If the designated guest is a minor in his/her state of residence, the person awarded the Grand Prize must execute a publicity release (where permitted by law) and a mutually agreeable liability release for both him/herself and on his/her child’s/legal ward’s behalf and accompany his/her child/legal ward on the trip. Failure for a guest to complete and return the Documents in time specified by the Sponsor may result in that guest’s disqualification and forfeiture of the guest’s portion of the prize.
c) Publicity Release: Entrants further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper names and states online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winners’ and guest’s names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without notice, review, approval, or additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s Official Online Entry Form by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes. In any such event, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will randomly select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Entrants’ data will be used by the Released Parties and their representatives, employees, or third-party vendors for the use and purposes to execute the Sweepstakes as provided in these Official Rules.
9) WINNERS LIST: The names of any major prize winners (prizes valued $25 or greater) will be available via mail. To request a winners list for this Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Xbox Pro Player Charity Challenge Winners’ List, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151 postmarked by February 4, 2017 and received by February 11, 2017.
10) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
11) ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Microsoft Surface is the Official Tablet of the NFL, and is used throughout the League, from the front office to the sidelines.See Surface in Action
The Official Game Console of the NFL, Xbox One S and Xbox Live get fans closer to their favorite teams and players, whether they’re playing Madden or using the NFL app on Xbox One.Team up with Xbox
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; void where prohibited. To enter, visit www.xboxcharitychallenge.com and complete a Bracket and/or a Weekly Pick ’Em entry as directed. Limit one (1) Bracket per person/authorized e-mail account holder. Limit one (1) Weekly Pick ’Em entry per Weekly Entry Period. Ends 12/6/16. Open to residents of the 50 US/DC, 18+. For complete details: www.xboxcharitychallenge.com/rules. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.